Sunday, October 15, 2006

First flying experienced on EAGLE 150B






First flying experienced on EAGLE 150B
I couldn't forget my first time in aviation industry. The time when I had the chance to control the entire aircraft in the air. The date ~ 31-12-2005. I think it was a perfect way to say goodbye to 2005 in a special way. Besides that, its likes a reborn day for me. Never thought of I will have the chance to do that in my life ever. Especially when I thought flying is just a dream that I couldn’t achieve anymore. The fact is life sometimes doesn’t goes like what you plan. Anyway I will give a big applause to myself for making an effort to make it dream comes true.Yohoooo!!!

The aircraft I seated was EAGLE-150B. it’s a 2 seater, sporty yet small type of aircraft if compare to Cessna 152 0r 172. However it can speed up till 120 knot easily. The pilot in command is a singaporean lady that serve under a flying club in Terminal 3 Subang Airport. Her name is Nisthi and she is younger than me but pro in flying because that time she accumulated about 100 hours of flying in her logbook.

Before started the engine, we have to go through some pre-check procedure such as fuel checking, pitot tube condition as well as the aerofoil and engine too. The sun is hot on that day but it didn’t stop me from flying. In fact it helps me to burn the passion towards flying till the limit. Hahaha!!!

From ramp vicinity, taxi to the runway and waiting permission for take off. It’s a different view from cockpit.

Few minutes of waiting and we were clear to take off at the end of the one side runway.We moved the throttle forward till it reached the maximum take off speed bout 80 knot. Then joystick pull back ward which will deflect the elevator upward and lift the aircraft up to the sky.

We were ordered to climb and maintain at altitude 1000feet. From there I asked lots of question regarding flying and acted like a kids looking up and down and side to side. Exactly like those who first time flying with airplane. Hahaha!! Such a funny moment.

We flew from Subang terminal airport to Port Klang boundary. Its different view if you watch the buildings, cars, factories and housing area from 1000feet. My advice to everyone. Give a try and you will know what am I talking about. Meanwhile, from the moment you weared your headset, the control tower will keep on saying and requesting something once in a while in aviation way , which you will not understand unless you attend the RT(Radio Telephony) class. From there I realized that it doesn’t goes like what we watched in the movie. The headset is one thing that won’t keep quiet or maintain silence unless we unplugged it from connector, We have to update with ATC (air traffic control) after a certain of time, Not just informed them about our location and direction plus ETA(estimate time arrival), its very important for pilot to gain latest information about the weather condition as well.

During flight, I experienced the G-Force by doing a steep turn 2 to 3 times. I screamed it out loud not because of I scared, is because of I was very excited about it. Then here comes the moment where I won’t forget about it for the rest of my life. My turn to take control on the Eagle 150B, its not easy to at the beginning because you need to maintain it at a steady level and avoid stall. and it just like sitting in a roller coaster when I take over the control. However, thank god I learned thing fast and I always practiced my SIM flight by using joystick at home. Hence, I managed to control the aircraft in a steady level for a while. hahahahaha!!

On our way back during approached, Nisthi told me that we facing a tailwind situation. Well to be honest I can’t tell what tailwind was because I’m just controlled it for a while so can’t really felt the difference.

After landed, Nishti let me have the chance to taxi it back to the ramp. Gosh! It’s a terrible taxi from runway into the taxiway. I almost caused the aircraft get into the field area. The left right turn of the aircraft controlled by pushing the pedal to the left or right, it depends which direction you want to go. If you want to stop the aircraft on ground. Push the two pedals together with your legs and it will stop the aircraft.

That was the story of my first time take control on an aircraft. Even though it was hot and sweat, but its fun and unforgettable. Hence, Its worth!!!

No comments: